|CMSGT KENNETH A WILLIAMS|
Chief Master Sergeant Kenneth A. Williams is the senior Military Training Instructor, Career Field Manager and senior enlisted advisor to the BMT commander, 9 squadron commanders and 654 Military Training Instructors. Chief Williams is responsible for all issues affecting the USAF Basic Military Training for 39,000 trainees annually.
Before assuming his current role Chief Williams played a critical role in the readiness of the 900 enlisted Airmen and served primarily as a conduit of information between the commander and enlisted personnel. He advised the ESC commander on concerns, attitudes, morale, welfare, effective utilization of the enlisted force and other matters that affect readiness. Chief Williams upholds Air Force standards, served on advisory councils and maintained a close relationship with the local community. He also served on committees developing and implementing Air Force policies and programs and performs other specific duties at the commander's discretion.
Chief Williams entered the Air Force in 1983 and completed technical training as an Inventory Management Specialist. His assignments include bases in Arkansas, Turkey, Texas, Washington, D.C., the Pentagon, Nebraska and Belgium. Chief Williams has served in a variety of leadership positions including opportunities within the supply AFSC, special duty assignments as a military training instructor and a ceremonial guardsman at the United States Air Force Honor Guard. He also served as an executive assistant to the Director, Force Structure, Resources and Assessment, the Joint Staff/J8, and to the U.S. Strategic Command Combatant Commander.
1987 Noncommissioned Officer Preparatory Course, Little Rock AFB, Ark.
1990 Noncommissioned Officer Leadership School, RAF Upwood, United Kingdom
1996 Noncommissioned Officer Academy, Lackland AFB, Texas
1997 Associate in Applied Science degree in instructor of technology and military science, Community College of the Air Force
2000 Associate in Applied Science degree in logistics management, Community College of the Air Force
2002 Senior Noncommissioned Officer Academy, Gunter AFB, Ala.
2004 Bachelor of Science degree in business management, National-Louis University, IlI.
2005 Associate in Applied Science degree in information resources management, Community College of the Air Force
2007 USAF Chief Master Sergeant Leadership Course, Maxwell AFB, Ala
2009 Gettysburg Leadership Experience, Gettysburg College, Penn.
2009 Masters of Business Administration degree, University of Phoenix
2010 Air Force Smart Operations (AFSO) 21, University of Tennessee
2010 USAF Senior Leadership Course, Center for Creative Leadership, Greensboro, N.C.
2011 Enterprise management Seminar, University of Virginia, Charlottesville VA.
1. December 1983-February 1984, trainee, Basic Military Training, Lackland AFB, Texas
2. February 1984 - March 1984, student, inventory management specialist, Lowry AFB, Colo.
3. April 1984 - October 1987, document control/inventory clerk, Little Rock AFB, Ark.
4. October 1987 - October 1990, Stock Records Clerk, LANDSOUTHEAST, Headquarters Command, NATO, Izmir Air Station, Turkey
5. October 1990 - Sep 1993, Noncommissioned Officer-in-Charge, Government Operated Civil Engineering Supply Store, 96 Civil Engineering Squadron, Dyess AFB, Texas
6. October 1993 - July 1998, Military Training Instructor, 331st Training Squadron and Senior Instructor, USAF Military Training Instructor School, Lackland AFB, Texas
7. August 1998 - July 2003, superintendent, Training Flight and Drill Team; Assistant Superintendent, Ceremonial Flight; Director, Pentagon Tours, United States Air Force Honor Guard, Bolling AFB, D.C.
8. August 2003 - June 2005, Executive Assistant to the Director, Force Structure, Resources and Assessment, the Joint Staff/J8, the Pentagon, Washington, D.C.
9. July 2005 - July 2007, Superintendent, Global Operations Information Management/J-3; Executive Assistant to the Commander, United States Strategic Command, Offutt AFB, Neb.
10. August 2007 - January 2008, Air Force Senior Enlisted Representative and Chief of Administration J-3, North Atlantic Treaty Organization, Supreme Headquarters Allied Powers Europe, Casteau, Belgium
11. February 2008 - October 2009, superintendent, United States National Military Representative and Air Force Senior Enlisted Leader, Supreme Headquarters Allied Powers Europe, Casteau, Belgium
12. November 2009 - April 2011, Command Chief Master Sergeant, Electronic Systems Center, Hanscom AFB, Mass
13. April 2011 - Present , Superintendent, Air Force Basic Military Training, Lackland Air Force Base Texas
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Defense Meritorious Service Medal with two oak leaf clusters
Meritorious Service Medal with one oak leaf cluster
Joint Service Commendation Medal
Air Force Commendation Medal with four oak leaf clusters
Joint Service Achievement Medal
1995 Instructor of the Quarter, 331st Training Squadron
1995 Master Military Training Instructor Award (Blue Rope)
1996 Senior Enlisted Instructor of the Year, 37th Training Group
1997 Master Instructor Certification, Air Education and Training Command
1998 Commander's Trophy for Instructional Excellence (1st place), 37th Training Group
1998 Top Tech VIII Instructor Competition (1st place), 2nd Air Force
2000 Senior Noncommissioned Officer of the Year United States Air Force Honor Guard
2000 Senior Noncommissioned Officer of the Year, 11th Operations Group
2002 Senior Noncommissioned Officer of the Year, United States Air Force Honor Guard
2005 United States Strategic Command Senior-Tier Enlisted of the Quarter
2005 Communications and Information Outstanding Senior Noncommissioned Officer of the Year, United States Strategic Command
2005 Senior-Tier Enlisted of the Year, United States Strategic Command
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Chief Master Sergeant, July 1, 2007
(Current as of May 2011)